[TxMt] Re: problem creating new file from template

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Apr 14 10:27:50 UTC 2006

On 13/4/2006, at 18:53, guillaume garcera wrote:

>> So you can get a new file when you use New From Template -> «some
>> template» only when there is no project window open?
>
>  Thats it.
> For exemple:
> In a project, I go to the new file item at the bottom of the drawer
> , select a template write the filename and  press ok.
> But nothing happen, no file created no message display and nothing in
>  the  log file.
>
> If i try from the menu file -> new from template, nothing happen.
> The window for choosing template isn't display.

But you said it was only when a project was open. So if you _close_
the project and select File -> New From Template -> …, do you then
get a file?

If not, it’s probably your shell startup. Templates works by running
shell commands. You can do a quick test to see if things are working
by creating a new document, type date and then ctrl-R to run that as
a shell command.

The shell startup procedure is described here:

    http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/shell_commands#search_path

Likely one of the files sourced is causing the problem.