[TxMt] Managing change in default bundles

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 15:22:02 UTC 2006

>> There were some proposals for how to improve the Bundle Editor and
>> include a versioning and merging of Default bundles, local changes
>> and SVN checkouts. I had wanted to whip something together (just a
>> command line script which compares dates and makes diffs, to view
>> and make patches), but did not find the time yet.
>
> I also have something like this on my to-do, but you knowŠ time and
> prioritiesŠ

I think a major weakness of tm at present is the need to use svn to get
language features (bundles).

What I'd like to see for users like myself is a page which parses the SVN
repository into a list of download links to current bundles.

This is how subethaedit works, and it is great for people who just want to
grab a bundle and be done with it. (tm is better than subethaedit in that if
you do get a .tmtheme or other file, tm can install it for you: subetha just
says "you need to stick this in one of these places..."