[TxMt] Some feature requests

Frédérik Bilhaut poubelle at xineo.net
Mon Sep 26 15:14:50 UTC 2005

Hi !

Thanks all for your answers. So I will look again at TM when it
reaches 1.3.

Just a few comments :

>> - I need some way to close XML tags automatically with the easyiest
>> possible keystroke. For some reason, the shortcut for this feature
>> does not work on my system (Tiger on iBook G4 and latest version of
>> TextMate)
>
>     command-alt-shift-; (on a French keyboard)  does not work?
> Seems to
> me that on my old B&W G3 under Tiger it works regardless of the
> kind of
> document edited in TM.

I confirm that this does not work on my system. What's strange about
that is that when I hit this keystroke, the "Automation" menu
actually blinks, as if one of its items was activated, but nothing
more happens. But when I select the item in the menu using the mouse,
it works... As far as I remember I saw in another thread that this
may be due to some kind of conflict with a LateX-related shortcut.

> I have never used an editor that indented soft-wrapped lines. I
> would think that would be annoying because the editor would control
> the indentation, not you.

I'm talking about *soft* wrapping, so this is just a matter of
display. For me this feature offers a very clear view of text-
oriented XML documents (see screenshot attached).