[TxMt] strange keyboard bug (?)

Andreas Wahlin andreaswahlin at bredband.net
Sun Sep 25 19:44:44 UTC 2005

I don't know when it happens, but it seems to just kick in after a
while. Anyway, some keyboard shurtcuts stop to work, and when I go in
and try to reassign them just to see what happens, a "cirlce" is
inserted behind the shortcut, a picture will say more than I ever can
explain.
http://hem.bredband.net/perihelion/textmate.png

it seems my keyboard sends in this very weird thing, which only
affects textmate. I have version 1.17beta (the latest beta released a
while back, not the latest latest, and I do nothing cvs fancy or
anything, I download from the main page every once in a while).
I run tiger 10.4.2, on a powerbook, but I have an old "pc" ps/2 type
keyboard hooked up through a ps2->usb converter.
Since you'll probably ask me this, I'm gonna try with the built in
powerbook keyboard now.

The powerbook keyboard seems not affected, and when I pull out and
replace the usb cable it seems the problem disappears. Interesting to
note is also that
does not produce

but instead

so in the end, I guess it's related to my converter somehow, but now
you all know for the future :)

Andreas