[TxMt] [rev 469] where hass \t gone?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Sep 24 13:35:55 UTC 2005

On 24/09/2005, at 14.02, José Campos wrote:

>> I didn't keep the escape characters from previous syntax, except \n
>     Why?

Because majority of them really makes no sense. Like vertical tab,
bell a.s.o.

>> -- let me know if I need to add others.
>     At least you kept the Character classes?

This is the _replace_ string syntax.

>> Also, the new syntax btw also support \l and \u (for changing case
>> only of
>> first letter), where I think the old contains only \L and \U --
>     \U \u \L or \l do not seem to work correctly in the "find" box
> (but
> work in the "replace" box)

Yes, I was speaking of the replace string syntax. The actual regexp
syntax is now that of Oniguruma [1], since that's the library I use
-- it means a few things are now gone, like these, but you can use
[[:upper:]] and [[:lower:]], conditions (in searches, not
replacements), \< and \> (but there's still \b), (?s) is now (?m), (?
R) recursion, but there's the (much better) subexp calls, and
probably a few more subtleties.

On the bright side there's also many advantages of Oniguruma, and
there was just no way I could find time to fix up my own regexp lib.

>     And, in the older versions, when "Regular expression" was
> checked in
> the "Find options" box, the other choices ("Ignore case" and "Wrap
> around") were not available. In this version, they are. Is it a
> feature?

Yes, it's in the release notes -- though wrap around was always
possible with regexps.

[1] http://www.geocities.jp/kosako3/oniguruma/doc/RE.txt