[TxMt] Tabs / Spaces preferences per filetype / bundle

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Sep 15 12:24:55 UTC 2005

On 15/09/2005, at 10.24, Shanti Braford wrote:

> Here's my initial salvo & response regarding this issue:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/5091
>
> Pretty much, I've tried that.  Hunted down answers on the #TextMate
> channel and still haven't figured out how to get this working to my
> little tab-space hearts desire.

If you tried what was mentioned as the answer, and it didn't work,
you need to _show_ us what you did, since it's likely you made a
mistake! :)

> As of now, I cannot get the Tab key to produce spaces, regardless, in
> my Ruby files, even when the "Preferences > Editor uses spaces instead
> of tabs" box is checked.

In that case, it would sound like you did make a Ruby specific
preference, but had the value reverted, i.e. set it to _always_ use
tabs rather than spaces.

> [...] The advice was also not clear on where exactly to add
> the preference items in the existing Bundle preferences, or to create
> new ones, or what.

Best to create a new bundle, name it Custom, and make a new entry
there with your stuff. Mainly so that it's clear what you did
yourself, and what's the default.