[TxMt] Balance Tags / Select Scope

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 17:52:13 UTC 2005

I looked on the mailing list history and couldn't find much about
this... so here goes

Is there any way to emulate the balance tags command in BBEdit?
     If your selection is between brackets or between tag pairs,
balance tags selects the brackets and everything within it with a
shortcut.

for textmate
We might be able to emulate that function and improve on it.
The command would extend the selection to select the entire scope at
the insertion point.
Hitting it again would select the next scope up the chain.
If it's easier maybe we could just have it select everything with
foldingStartMarker and foldingStopMarkers.

Is this something that I could do with a command, or is it something
that would require a change to the programming?

I figure the data has to be in there somewhere in order to color the
scope.
I have no idea what it would take to like command-double-click on a
scope to select the whole thing or some such thing.