[TxMt] match and look ahead?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Tue Sep 6 17:44:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, Sep 6, at 1:56 AM, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> It's a good idea, but I think it looks butt ugly as it is now. The
> rows where I have no tab stops (just new line) don't colour at all,
> and no text on the lines with tabs colour either.

Agreed, it isn't the most pretty. I was trying to emulate jEdit's
(prettier) fold guides (see [1] for a little write-up with screen
shots). What concerns me a bit is that under some conditions TextMate
appears to be loosing leading tabs if that is all that exists on a row.

> I'd like the whole column as such coloured, if anything. I suppose
> this can't really be solved with scopes, but that's how I think it
> should look to be of any real help.
> (not dissing your idea here, as I said, it's a good one, I just
> comment on the current state)

Personally me thinks a striped background through the whole document
would really be ugly...

Gerd

[1] http://www.cocoabits.com/TextMate/FoldGuides.html