[TxMt] Chunked undo, Language, overall slowness

Steve Weintraub steve at dalahus.com
Sun Sep 4 21:10:31 UTC 2005

I can appreciate that's his personal preference, but there's
something to be said for being consistent with the OS (particularly
when they claim to "bring Apple's approach to operating systems into
the world of text editors"). I've never even encountered this type of
keystroke-level undo until TextMate, and I find it slows me down
considerably. Please make chunks a preference!

Re: slowdown, I read about something involving the caching, and I did
flip a defaults write, so app switching does seem a bit better..but
tab-to-tab is really sluggish, and I'm on a dual 2 G5. This is just a
text editor, I can't imaging what's happing behind the scenes that
causes this.