[TxMt] Shortcut key to open Bundle Stuff Deally?

thomas Aylott thomas.42 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 20:01:40 UTC 2005

On Oct 28, 2005, at 11:16 AM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 28/10/2005, at 17.10, thomas Aylott wrote:
>
>> i LOVE the new bundle stuff deally.
>> I just wish I could open it up with a shortcut key.
>>
> Yes, current candidate is control-escape, and will probably work in
> next build, or the one after that.

Excellent choice

>> I wrote an applescript to pop open the regular menu (using gui
>> scripting)
>>
> Is that the Automation menu specifically? otherwise control F2
> moves focus to the menu bar (with some universal access option
> enabled, or maybe just full keyboard access).

I had wanted one each for snippets, macros & commands
I've know about ctrl-f2 for a while, but you have to hit hit navigate
to the right menu, nav to the right sub menu, etc... it's just faster
to hit a single key and go.

The key for the Bundle widget will be HUGE

>> I also can't seem to make an osascript textmate command that
>> doesn't totally freeze textMate.
>>
> It deadlocks because when TM is executing commands, it's not
> managing the AS event loop. This can generally be overcome by
> running the osascript commands asynchronously (eventually TM will
> handle most events when running commands).

how do I run osascripts asynchronously?