[TxMt] Tabulation of end tags

Andreas Wahlin andreaswahlin at bredband.net
Fri Oct 28 10:40:34 UTC 2005

> The thing you want to do is still problemetaic. You could setup <p>
> as the indentNextLinePattern, then only the line after the <p> will
> get indented (thus the <p> below won't), but you probably want
> several… basically it comes down to, can you express what you want
> in terms of the 4 indent related patterns?
>
> It might be possible, but I would need to know all your indentation
> conventions to be able to answer it.

I think that what I want is, and what seems reasonable to my eyes and
ways, is that block-level elements should be alone on a single
line,and that all child elements to these should be indented one tab.

<element>
[tab]contents which might possibly contain line breaks ...
<element>

I actually think that's it. This also applies to all XML-tags that
aren't finnished "by themselves" (that is, all <tag></tag>, but not
<tag/>)

So perhaps indentNextLinePattern might dot it, it seems to be what
I'm after if I understand your explanation.

Andreas