[TxMt] Double-byte character support

Oli macromates.com at boblet.net
Thu Nov 24 07:29:32 UTC 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 3:16 PM, Kyle Barrow wrote:

> I posted a bug report about TextMate basically not handling
> Japanese well at all but am wondering if anyone has had problems
> working with other double-byte languages or Arabic?

TextMate doesn't use the standard OS text handling (so Allan can make
TM do more), so at present doesn't support double-byte character
display very well (and CJK input method not at all). You can see a
thread on this topic starting here:
http://lists.macromates.com/pipermail/textmate/2005-September/
005520.html

Allan's reply was:
On 2005/09/12, at 21:42, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> Sorry, but the required improvements to make it international are
> unlikely to happen in the nearest future (but they are on the to-do).

You can search the email archives using site:lists.macromates.com
(the commox.textdrive.com archives linked to from the list sig isn't
being Googled apparently).

peace - oli