[TxMt] Code completion, Refactoring tools, etc. WAS: Tidy change?

Benjamin Jackson ben at incomumdesign.com
Wed Nov 9 00:58:35 UTC 2005

> The number one thing I miss when trying to do java coding in TM is
> code autocompletion, and code hinting.  I guess codesense is the more
> common term.  I think this would probably require some kind of plugin.

I'm soooooooooooooooooooo with you on this one. This would be a killer
app for any oo language (including Actionscript, which takes up the
better part of my days) with the option for strong typing. I agree that
the plugin architecture would be needed for this.

> Second on my list would be some of the common refactoring things like
> wrap in try/catch, smart rename/delete etc.

See above.

> I'd be willing to help with some of the work.

As would I.

Allan, do you have any ideas/suggestions/resources/examples/whatever
for us to start thinking about this?

I look forward to sending screenshots of this to all of my smug,
Eclipse-using colleagues ("you develop for Flash on a MAC??!!?!?!)

:D
Ben Jackson
Diretor de Desenvolvimento

ben at incomumdesign.com