[TxMt] Full screen

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:05:11 UTC 2005

> On 06/11/2005, at 0.16, Benjamin Jackson wrote:
>> [...] No bouncing dock icons, no flashing news reader, no growl
>> notifications, just your words staring you in the face. It kind of

> From: Allan Odgaard <throw-away-1 at macromates.com>
> If I were to do a full screen mode, I don't think I should/could
> disable these things.

You can, just like games do, with a simple call to CGDisplayCapture.
TM is actually really nicely suited to full screen mode, because it has no
tool bar etc.

My mate brian christensen has a little tutorial here
    http://www.cocoadevcentral.com/articles/000028.php

> If all what's requested is a single document window that goes
> borderless (adding some margin), and hides the menu/dock, then that's
> probably something I can add in 1.2 when I anyway change window code
> -- but it's not a mode I'd devote much time to.
Won't need much time.

The idea is that a single key explodes the current pane to full screen, then
user types away until their job is done then the same key toggles back to
regular multi-app multi-window candy mode.

In terms of prioritization, adding this will push TM onto the list of
environments that writers like to work in: probably still more journalists
than web/app hackers in the world?

Tim

--
"non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem"
William of Ockham (1285-1347/49)