[TxMt] LaTeX diplaymath mode problems

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Sun Nov 6 21:54:41 UTC 2005

I've noticed that right now displaymath modes in latex initiated by $
$ are not handled correctly. It seems that lots of times, though not
entirely consistently, they are being captured by the
string.other.math.tex scope, instead of the
string.other.math.block.latex scope.
In other words, the two dollars signs next to each other are matched
as the begining and end of a simple math mode, instead of being
considered as the beginning of a block math mode. What makes it even
weirder is that the following:
$$\int_{C_{t}}e^{g(z,t)}f(z,t)\d z$$ where $g,f$
would consider the first pair of dollar signs as
string.other.math.tex scope, and the second as the beginning of
string.other.math.block.latex, which then goes on to capture the
entire rest of the document.
So I am wondering, how is this possible that the $$ is not
consistently matched, and what can we do about it?

Haris