[TxMt] Full screen

Benjamin Jackson ben at incomumdesign.com
Sat Nov 5 23:16:01 UTC 2005

> I haven't figured out what the motivation is for full-screen mode
> when one can maximize the windows, and TM is already very low on
> window decorations, so the extra pixels gained from a real full-
> screen would be minimal.

I think I can speak for more than a few of the people who have
requested this when I say:

It's not about the extra pixels.

It's about minimizing distractions. There's a significant mode switch
that's triggered when all of a sudden the only thing you should be
doing is the only thing you can see on the screen. No bouncing dock
icons, no flashing news reader, no growl notifications, just your words
staring you in the face. It kind of reminds me of the good old days of
green screens and ascii text.

I've used Ulysses and honestly the only thing that made me even
consider dropping the cash on it was this one feature. It's only
implemented by one other OS X program AFAIK (MacJournal) and totally
souped up my writing productivity.

Allan, I know that we're beating a dead horse here, but no one in my
recollection seems to have brought this perspective to the table. What
are your thoughts?
Ben Jackson
Diretor de Desenvolvimento

ben at incomumdesign.com