[TxMt] Changing languages

Daniel Vollmer maven at maven.de
Fri Nov 4 10:45:45 UTC 2005

Hi all!

Seeing the release notes of 687 reminded me of something that's been
nagging me (slightly) for some time. It's mostly got to to with the
language selection in the spelling dialog:
- The selected dictionary is application wide (i.e. valid for all
documents), but as it happens I often have a German and an English
document open (or more applicably one in British and one in American
English :P). Maybe this setting could be stored in the meta-info
file? I just found out there is a plugin for AdiumX that does this
for each contact...
- After changing the dictionary, the red squiggly underlining isn't
refreshed. I thought this was due to the lazy colouring, but I tested
it with plenty of idle CPU time.

As an aside, I finally got my British keyboard (the German key-layout
trades valuable keys (e.g. everything needed for coding in general)
for hardly ever used umlauts) so now I can use the keyboard shortcuts
of TM as intended. And stuff like Apple+~ works now. I find it
strange, that (generally speaking) very few people seem to use their
OS in a non-local language with a local keyboard...

Anyway... ranting over!

	Daniel.