[TxMt] Create new file in project broken?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Nov 4 04:39:39 UTC 2005

On 04/11/2005, at 5.30, Ryan Allen wrote:

> It doesn't work when the focus is in the project draw or in the
> document either. Has that changed or is this a bug or something? :D

It's because I no longer handle the menu key shortcuts myself for the
popup menu in the file drawer -- this was done because I can't
support the Dvorak - Qwerty hybrid myself, so instead I delegate the
handling to the Carbon menu manager.

Unfortunately this doesn't work before the menu has been on-screen.
I.e. if you click the gear icon once, the shortcut will work after that.

This of course is not a viable (long-term) solution, but currently
I'm not really sure what to do about it -- probably I'll just fall
back to the old code and workaround the cmd-G/I conflict.