[TxMt] more encodings

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Fri May 27 10:20:41 UTC 2005

On 27/05/2005, at 12.13, Zoltan Varady wrote:

> I gave TextMate a try, I absolutely love it's feel. I'd definetly
> buy it, if only it would support more text encodings besides
> Unicode and iso-latin-1. Specifically, as a hungarian I'd need iso-
> latin-2 (iso-8859-2), but I assume there other people from other
> parts of the world with similar concerns, needing different encodings.

You and all others with non ascii needs (and even those), really
should (IMHO of course) use utf-8, as it encompasses all existing
encodings into a single universal one. This is also very strongly
supported and used natively in many areas in OS X, as well as being
TextMate's native encoding.

-- Sune.