[TxMt] delay after switching back to TM [SOLVED] kind of ;-)

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Sun May 8 17:20:57 UTC 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 4:05 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> You can create a static (thus non-updating) project by dragging
> files (instead of folders) to the project drawer.

ah, I was completely unaware of that (although, now I do recall it
being mentioned here previously...)

> If you want to add an entire folder structure as a project you can
> e.g. create a script as the one attached below, which takes a
> folder as first argument and writes a tmproj file to stdout.  I
> didn't make it handle special filenames though (like containing
> quotes).

thanks, that script was helpful. I have now created a static project
of my current zope product and switching/roundtripping between TM,
browsers and Terminal.app is instant now. I'll definitely be able to
"live with this" until you rewrite the whole project drawer.

thank you very much for your service,

best regards,

tom

p.s. @mark: I live just around the corner of Helmholtzplatz, I often
hang out there with my kids ;-) next time I see somebody with a
powerbook i'll step up and ask... *g*

Tom Lazar
http://tomster.org