[TxMt] delay after switching back to TM

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sun May 8 14:05:18 UTC 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 15:14, Tom Lazar wrote:

> [...] would it be possible, that one could state as a preference
> (using a defaults write statement) that TM only checks the open tabs?
> for the way I work (and perhaps others, too) that would be a great
> productivity enhancer for the mean time.

But then when should it update the project drawer? You can create a
static (thus non-updating) project by dragging files (instead of
folders) to the project drawer. If you want to add an entire folder
structure as a project you can e.g. create a script as the one attached
below, which takes a folder as first argument and writes a tmproj file
to stdout.  I didn't make it handle special filenames though (like
containing quotes).

> and a final note: given all that 'heavy weight'-checking that's going
> on every time i switch back to TM it's kind of disappointing to find
> that it doesn't seem to pick up changes to currently open files, i.e.
> when I append something to my to-do list via quicksilver and i switch
> back to TM, that new line doesn't show up, if the to-do list was open
> already. i need to switch to another tab and back again to manually
> enforce the update.

I am not able to reproduce this. When I switch back to TextMate it
updates the file if it had no local changes, or ask me, if it did have
local changes.