[TxMt] TM_BUNDLE_PATH not what you would expect?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at uchicago.edu
Fri May 6 23:58:21 UTC 2005

I ran into the following problem. I am running the "LaTeX and
TeXniscope" command, and one of its lines is:
"$TM_BUNDLE_PATH"/latexErrWarn.py
When I run the command, I get the following error:
/bin/bash: line 6: /Users/haris/Library/Application
Support/TextMate/Bundles/Latex.tmbundle/latexErrWarn.py: No such file
or directory

In other words, TM_BUNDLE_PATH seems to be set to point to the bundles
in my home directory, and of course does not see the Latex bundle all
the way in the root directory.

On the other hand, I ran the "Show Variables" command from the Defaults
bundle, and it shows that TM_BUNDLE_PATH is equal to:
/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/Defaults.tmbundle.
So in that case, it points to the bundles in the root directory.
So, why this difference? Is there a nice way to fix it?

Thanks,
Haris