[TxMt] Xcode integration

Chris Thomas chris at cjack.com
Thu Mar 31 16:49:51 UTC 2005

On Mar 31, 2005, at 7:57 AM, Robert Ullrey wrote:
> This reminds me that there was going to be a fix for xcode
> integration. Specifically changing an xcode project into a TM
> project. I see something like this in the Tools folder, but is it
> working yet? And if so, how.

     svn co http://anon:anon@macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Tools/
XCProject/

     cd XCProject
     cc -ObjC -lobjc -Os -framework Foundation -std=c99
ConvertXcodeToTMProj.m XCProject.m -o testconvert
     ./testconvert <YourProjectName.xcode>/project.pbxproj
<YourProjectName,tmproj>

It works on several all of my projects, several of which are large
and complicated. If you get any errors, do send me a note. I can't
guarantee that it reads all Xcode projects in the universe yet, but
it will once I'm done with it. >:)

In the short term, I want to add a dropshell so that you can drag an
Xcode project and it will open a temporary tmproj representation in
TextMate.

In the long term, this will form the basis for a project source
plugin, when Allan implements that feature.

Enjoy,
Chris