[TxMt] Find and Replace problem?

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 02:48:30 UTC 2005

>      Find and replace in 1.1b5-- search for \t, replace with \s, regex
> box checked, looking in selected text. I got "s" instead of space:
> 3       Union   Street
> 3sUnionsStreet

I think you've misunderstood the regex characters: \s means "any
single horizontal whitespace character", such as a tab or a space. You
can't use this as a replacement character (it's *not* a character),
just use a literal space instead. (ie, just type in a space for the
replacement character.)

Cheers,
Paul

[[I have no idea re the <H3> </H3> thing: entering "3" then a tab
produces a 3 followed by a tab for me!]]