[TxMt] Bundle opening behaviour

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Mar 31 01:30:25 UTC 2005

On Mar 30, 2005, at 15:50, max wrote:

> The other thing that could be changed in the bundle behaviour is
> giving an
> option of opening it as a scratch project. If I want to do some work
> on a
> bundle's contents, I am not able to drag it onto Textmate's icon
> because it
> tries to install it, rather than making a project.

I assume you are aware that you can still drag the bundle to the
project drawer and see the contents that way.

Giving an option to open it as a scratch project is IMHO a bit
low-level and may easily lead to confusion (since this isn't really a
supported action, or for many users, and option that makes sense). But
a merging option would be in order.

Btw: I generally just open the folder containing the bundle(s) when I
need it as a scratch project.