[TxMt] building modules

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Tue Mar 29 14:52:18 UTC 2005

I've probably missed something obvious and/or previously discussed here but...

Is there a standard way to get TM to generate a UUID string for a "mySyntax.plist" file ?

Background:

I've embarked upon a bundle for ConTeXt using the LaTeX bundle as inspiration and liftable source.

I want to generate two Syntax.plist files. One for ConTeXt itself (using material I generated for a BBEdit CLM for ConTeXt) and a trivially modified version of the bibtex.plist file from the LaTeX bundle (so that highlighting works with ConTeXt's \cite[citekey] (as opposed to \cite{citekey}) construct).

Writing the plist files is fairly straightforward (albeit tedious), but I'm wondering about this apparent UUID catch 22:

AFAICT, the syntax.plist file can't be included in the bundle's info.plist file w/o a UUID and if its not included in the info.plist file, it is not recognized as a bundle component. Since the bundle editor does not (yet ?) have a "language editor", I don't see how to get past this w/o manually "guessing" a UUID ?

I'm prepared for a

        /slaps head

upon receiving (an) answer(s)

wtia,