FTP client (was .. RE: [TxMt] Re: Bare Bones [was: Public to-do list for TM (was: TextileBundle?)

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Thu Mar 24 09:46:06 UTC 2005

Eric Hsu wrote:

>The thing that's not clear to me is what functionality people want
>that you don't get from, say, Fugu or Cyberduck using TM as an
>external editor.  That handles editing on other sites just fine.
>
>It sounds like some people want to mount an entire external folder as
>a project?  That is clearly out of reach of bundle writing.

My guess is also that its not so much remote editing of files per se that folks are seeking here. (Since there are a variety of adequate means for doing that already), but analogous to Eric's notion, its "site editing" that people are looking for and this would indeed be along the lines of having a remote mount available as a project. Right ?

Even so, it appears to me that using Transmit, Fugu, RBrowser or Interarchy with TextMate as external editor can provide this already.

Can somebody provide a detailed scenario of how this should work better/differently if it was all done within TextMate ? (genuine interest)

mark.