[TxMt] Feature Request: Todo/Task List

Christian Schwanke metrixon at gmx.de
Sun Mar 20 00:30:23 UTC 2005

I'm not sure wether this idea was already mentioned before, so sorry if
I'm repeating an old issue.
What I'd like to see in TextMate would be  support for Todo/Task-"Tags"
within a project.
I'm thinking of something similar to Eclipse's task management:
when I write something like
TODO: add stuff here
TextMate should recognize the "TODO:" part and add the text behind the
':' to a task-list stored in the project file. It would be great to
then have some sort of Task-Group in the Project Drawer to quickly
access the TODOs and jump to the position within a file.
In Eclipse the recognition of such TODO/TASK-definitions is simply done
by using regular expressions.

Regards,
Christian