[TxMt] TextMate with CSSEdit integration

Brad Miller bonelake at mac.com
Sun Mar 13 03:30:14 UTC 2005

On Mar 12, 2005, at 8:47 PM, Eric Hsu wrote:

> At 8:34 PM -0600 3/12/05, Brad Miller wrote:
>> Hey!  No Fair.  You took away my F1 from pydoc.  And, while you were
>> at it you duplicated the functionality in my List Defs command,
>> already in the Python Bundle.
>
> Yes, but does yours have a nifty Javascript pop-up menu?  And does
> yours work on Perl and CSS?  :)
Nope, but I rather liked my window. It takes one less click than your
nifty pop-up. :-)
Nope again :-( but now that I've seen the light I don't do much Perl
programming.

>> I guess this shortcut key assignment is one of the problems that will
>> go away (get better) when we get scoping, in b6?
>
> I hope so. The previous F1 assignment was a problem, since I don't use
> Python and I don't want F1 to be a default for a language I don't use.

But I use it every day.  We teach it here as our introductory
programming language :-)

> On the other hand, if we can just agree to soup up the universal 'show
> functions/special items'  Defaults bundle (not started by me), then we
> can all use F1 and be happy. :)   For the common good, I'm trying to
> go along with it even though (1) I already had a perfectly good List
> Subs in the Perl bundle, and (2) the parsing script is written in
> Python, and I don't speak a word of it...

I'd be happy to join in the universal common good fun.   Maybe if we
get C/PHP/C++ we will reach critical mass and we can do away with the
individual language versions.

Seriously though if we are going to do a universal show functions we
should try to agree on what the interface ought to look like.  It seems
funny to me to bring up a whole html window just to have a dropdown
menu.  Thats one more click than necessary in my opinion. Unless going
the javascript menu route is going to be easier to convert whenever
Allen gets the popup menu stuff incorporated into TM.

Brad