[TxMt] Cmd key shows shortcut key

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Mar 11 20:34:23 UTC 2005

On Mar 11, 2005, at 20:48, Nednieuws wrote:

> In BBEdit, pressing the Cmd key in the Find dialog shows all
> shortcuts. E.g. if I hold the Cmd key down "Replace" will change to
> "Cmd-R Replace". This way, you don't need the mouse. Would that be
> possible with TextMate?

While I like the feature, it's a lot of work to do in a Cocoa program,
and there are problems receiving command key events, since many of
these are eaten by the omnipotent Carbon menu handler before they show
up as NSEvents.  So I'd prefer to see Apple expose some API for this
feature instead of trying to make it myself.