[TxMt] Opening large files

Christian Bogen christian.bogen at gmx.net
Fri Mar 11 20:22:22 UTC 2005

I just tried to open the recently published BoingBoing 2000-2005
archive file (about 18 MB in size) in TM and it took 1 minute and 25
seconds (!!) (I actually used a stopp watch when opening it a second
time) with a spinning beach ball and the fan on my PB (12" 867 Mhz with
640 MB RAM running 10.3.8) basically going berserk. Is that a beta
problem (I'm using b5) or is this behaviour »normal«? (Just for the
record: TW opened the same file in less than 10 seconds!)

Christian