[TxMt] Folding

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Fri Mar 4 18:08:48 UTC 2005

On Mar 4, 2005, at 16:55, Edmund Harriss wrote:

> From looking at the lists and so on I think this might have something
> to do
> with indentation, however I am using latex, which it is not natural to
> indent.

Yes, the problem is that the fold start marker is paired with the first
fold stop marker that has the same indent -- so for non-indented
languages (like latex) it's not very useful, at least not if you want
to fold nested structures (folding patterns should probably be set to
only match elements that doesn't nest, like only entire sections or
only item lists).

I do however plan to lift this current limitation, but it's not that
simple, because initially the indent requirement was actually
introduced to solve the problem with languages where the end token can
appear in contexts where it isn't marking the end of a fold.