[TxMt] open Safari Source in TM

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Mar 3 19:25:46 UTC 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 20:19, Nednieuws wrote:

>> TextMate already has such a command for Safari, although it just
>> reloads, it doesn't ask. I just extended the command to favor
>> OmniWeb, if that browser is already running.
> I envision a configuration option for browser preference (maybe
> primary and secondary) and Cmd-R/Cmd-Opt-R :).

Well, having it check which of the browsers are running and just use
the one which is, is probably desired in 99% of the cases (I have an
aversion toward different hot keys and settings).

I guess the script could be smarter and detect when multiple browsers
are running. present a dialog where the user could choose, and even
make that choice sticky (see the recent get_doc_path.sh script I added
to the repository for an example of how to have bundle items manage
settings).

> Why not Firefox? The web developer's browser of choice? (Flame on!)

Anyone can add to the command I committed (I even invited people to do
that in the log ;) ). Personally I'm not a web developer, so I do not
have Firefox. OmniWeb is my browser of choice, and I love it! :)