[TxMt] reveal in project tree

Tom Lazar tom at tomster.org
Wed Jun 29 16:13:33 UTC 2005

On Jun 29, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> Just leave no files selected in the project drawer, and it'll
> commit the current file.

right, i keep forgetting that ;-)

> If you need to commit multiple files, select the parent folder,
> you'll get a list of modified files in the commit window which you
> can check/uncheck.

yup, but often (mostly, actually) I just want to commit some of the
modified files, either because their changes are related semantically
or because their changes have been tested already and others not.

so perhaps what I'd want is something like this:

- a key combo to deselect all files in the project drawer (makes it
easier for the first scenario, i.e. to just commit the currently
active tab)

- a key-combo to 'sticky-select' the current tab in the project
drawer: this way I could 'walk through' the open tabs (perform diffs,
look at code etc.) and consecutively add tabs to the selection and
then finally do a commit (which would then commit only the selected
files)

any thoughts on such a feature from anyone else? is that too exotic?

my scenarios are for instance, implementing a new feature by
modifying a .css file *and* a template and wanting to commit these
together (sharing the message) while leaving other docuements, that
are still work-in-progress, alone.

my $0.02,

tom

btw. I totally love having these kinds of problems with TextMate - it
should be part of a slogan along the lines of "TextMate - exchange
your ugly coding problems for nicer ones!" *G*

--
Tom Lazar
http://tomster.org