[TxMt] performance tweaks

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Jun 29 08:31:28 UTC 2005

On 28/06/2005, at 21.21, Nikolai Hristov Hristov wrote:

> Anybody have any good performance tips for TM over WebDAV? I find
> it dog
> slow to use certain features such as the Apple-T search list (does it
> re-read all the filenames every single time).

It shows only files which it can open as text, and to find these it
checks (for each file) if the user has explicitly set the type to
text or binary, if not, then if the file type is in TextMate's
info.plist (i.e. one of the default known text files) and lastly (if
the latter fails) if the user has associated TextMate with the file/
file type.

The last thing is done by asking Finder/Launch Services, but it would
most likely involve at least reading the creator code from the file,
and I wonder if this perhaps is what's slow over a network.

Does your project contain a lot of non-text files? If so, try to
change the file pattern to only show your sources -- this is done by
selecting the folder reference (in the project drawer), pressing the
I button (also in the project drawer), and then entering something
like: “\.(php|rb|html|...)$” in the File Pattern text field.

Let me know if this changes anything (wrt cmd-T).