[TxMt] performance tweaks

Nikolai Hristov Hristov hrisnik at iit.edu
Tue Jun 28 19:21:38 UTC 2005

List,

Anybody have any good performance tips for TM over WebDAV? I find it dog
slow to use certain features such as the Apple-T search list (does it
re-read all the filenames every single time). I am on a 100Mbit
connection b/n the machines (and the host machine is a P4 monster), so
overall setup performance is good.

Overall performance over network leaves something to be desired. Could
memory caching help improve performance, and could that be set outside
of TM? I use finder to mount the WebDAV share.

Nick