[TxMt] Soft Wrap defined in theme is annoying

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at math.uchicago.edu
Fri Jun 24 16:35:03 UTC 2005

On Jun 24, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Kumar McMillan wrote:

> [TM beta 14 ...]
> I don't really understand why Soft Wrap can now be set in a theme.  If
> it is already in the View menu, wouldn't you consider this a user
> preference and not language specific?  I find it very annoying because
> I am keeping up with svn and leaving all the defaults set (i.e.
> Settings: Basic) and now whenever I switch to any document in my
> project for the first time I have to *manually* activate Soft Wrap in
> the View menu.  I personally cannot see any reason why soft wrap
> should be turned on for one language and not another (this to me is an
> editing style preference), but even so, should there not be a way for
> the user to override this setting?  I cannot find anyway to override
> it.
>
> Kumar

I don't even see it in the theme settings for languages. It is there
under Settings:Basic ->Text Settings, and it is equal to 1 there,
which I am guessing means enabled. I am seeing nothing under HTML
specifics. Also, when I first open an HTML document, the Soft Wrap
menu under View is checked, but there is no Soft Wrap going on. So I
actually have to disable and enable it again. Is that just a bug?

Haris