[TxMt] qq|...| in Perl bundle

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jun 23 15:36:34 UTC 2005

On 23/06/2005, at 14.48, Brian Lalor wrote:

> In the language editor, look for the following for the Perl language:
>     name = "string.unquoted.qq.perl";
>
> Change
>     begin = "qq([^\\(\\{\\[])";
>     begin = "qq([^\\(\\{\\[\\|])";
>                            ^^^

Actually this is for generic qq<char> and _excludes_ the paired
characters (since it uses <char> in the end pattern, which doesn't
work for the paired ones).

> There is a note in the svn log regarding pipes (|) not working

Oh… must have missed that note. This is actually a TM bug (which I
wasn't aware of). It interprets special characters in the back-
reference, resulting in | not being matched literally.

I'll fix that for 1.1b14 — until then, a special rule to handle | can
be made, similar to the special rules for the brackets.