[TxMt] Speed problem -- OT Warning

Steve Lianoglou lists at arachnedesign.net
Fri Jun 10 19:38:35 UTC 2005

After my desktop crapped the bed, I was trying to play catch up w/ my laptop ...

TM was *really* having a difficult time keeping up ...

lombard
g3/333 MHz
384 MBs of Ram

:P

... all I'm saying, is that I'm just saying, is all ...

... but if you want to try and speed TM up to work on that type of machine, I'll be glad to offer my testing services  ;-)

even more OT:

The worst part about the whole desktop crapping out on me was that it wasn't my desktop at all, but for some reason something really went south and it was actually the fact that my ADC display (a formac, not an apple one) was plugged in ... I took the thing to the apple store (A WAYS AWAY) ... and it (the cpu) actually worked (after a reset of the 'power management unit' on the motherboard) ... and using an apple monitor ...

I only realized it was my monitor that was the culprit because I brought the machine back home, set it all up and it wouldn't start up w/ the monitor in there ... I still can't believe it's the monitor, I mean .. what are the chances of that ..

so ..
good news: my mac is ok,
bad news: the display crapped,
bad news: I didn't realize it sooner cuz I was really sucking on fumes trying to program on the lombard and it would have been nice to have the extra horsepower from the desktop,
bad news: apple care (obviously) won't cover my display, so the fact that it was a bit cheaper (initially) to purchase that one is all but lost ... (take any morals you like away from this story)

good news: .. my laptop is just about 6 years old and it _still_ comes through in a pinch ...

has that ever happened to anyone else (the whole monitor fiasco thing)?

Sharing is caring ...

-steve