[TxMt] Understanding Bundles and the b12 update

Mark Lawrence lawrence at unified-eng.com
Thu Jun 9 18:54:49 UTC 2005

I've downloaded and installed 1.1b12. Seeing that the list of
languages was rather skimpy (in particular, no Perl or Python), I
followed the instructions on the TM Wiki to checkout the complete set
of bundles from the Subversion repository. They are now sitting in /
Library/Application\ Support/TextMate. Also following the Wiki's
suggestion, I trashed the Bundles folder in the TextMate.app package.
Upon restarting TM, I see more languages in the View/Language
submenu, but not nearly as many as there are tmbundles in the Bundles
folder. I certainly don't need most of them, but I'd like to know why
they're not showing up.

Also, is it appropriate to trash the Settings and Support folders in
TextMate.app now that I have copies in /Library/Application\ Support/
TextMate?

--
Mark Lawrence