[TxMt] Re: textmate Digest, Vol 10, Issue 32

James Edward Gray II james at grayproductions.net
Tue Jul 26 13:45:55 UTC 2005

On Jul 25, 2005, at 10:37 PM, Sean Schertell wrote:

> Unfortunately, UTF-8 doesn't work for Japanese in some cases.  For
> example Mac IE (still used by all those poor souls still stuck on OS
> 9), shows lots of wacky characters.

Your example speaks of a no-longer supported browser for an abandoned
(for years now) operating system.  I'm all for supporting a large
audience, but I'm going to be blown away if we're talking about %1 of
typical traffic here.  That seems like a minimal risk hit to take, if
you ask me.

> then use iConv everytime you upload -- not exactly a smooth
> workflow :-(

It can be.  Remember, TextMate is all about automation.  Build a
command and turn conversion and upload into a single keystroke.

James Edward Gray II