[TxMt] Window persistency (was Just came here ...)

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Sun Jul 24 20:10:17 UTC 2005

On 24/07/2005, at 22.04, Andreas Wahlin wrote:

> Why not? BBedit does it so it can't be impossible at least,

It's not so much if it's possible as it's if it's desireable, I think.

> many programs remember their windows settings... every finder
> window remembers it's settings (though that gets stored in
> the .DS_store file I suppose). And it should really be centralised
> I think if the files are to be distributed to people,

But what if you move the files around yourself? What if you want to
edit it somewhere else? I don't think doing it centralized is a good
idea, but let's see what Allan says about it :-).

> even though I know that doesen't seem to be the mac way (embedding
> images in mp3 files ala iTunes artwork is probably THE stupidest
> data handling I've ever seen)

I kinda thought so at first, but I changed my mind. Nice to be able
to give people files with artwork in them, and if you have an iPod
photo etc. it will also show up there. What would you rather, also
take ID3 info out of the files and stuff it in a database? :-).

-- Sune.