[TxMt] one more update to command line tool

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Mon Jan 17 22:41:32 UTC 2005

At 4:18 AM -0500 1/17/05, otheraccount at verizon.net wrote:
>Uh, picking up again on this command-line-tool hacking, Eric
>suggested it should:
>
>>- jump to line number
>
>This is no substitute for the real thing---just some GUI scripting,
>which isn't pretty---but a little thrown-together script for going
>to a particular line follows. I don't really fully know what I'm
>doing, so improvements are probably called for. It does what I
>wanted it to, sort of, but I suspect it's pretty fragile...

I took Marcin's code and put it into the TM command line tool in SVN,
so now it handle "jump to line number".  I also added the ability to
auto-detect whether to return to iTerm or Terminal.

http://anon:anon@macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Scripts/tm

( Note that there are un-reproducible glimpses of an odd bug where
Applescript stops working with TM. If this happens, try ps aux | grep
Textmate.service and kill the process. Then quit and restart TM. )

- Eric

ps. These hacks leave only the following in bbedit's command line
tool lacking here (as far as I know):
- print (probably needs some Applescript... Marcin?)
- FTP/SFTP (prob need support from TM itself, though somebody
somewhere put together a cool script...)

--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu