[TxMt] outlining braces

Torsten Becker torsten.becker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 15:14:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59 (+0000), eoghan wrote:
> Hi
> Would it be possible in future versions for braces to be outlined, like:
> {
>
> }

Hi, I would like to see something similar, I am not sure if its the
same as yours but I will repeat it, maybe its what you also want.

I BTW requested this back in december
(http://one.textdrive.com/pipermail/textmate/2004-December/001713.html)
but it seemes nobody did read it. :>

So what I would like to see is this behavior:
When you have a smart typing pair and place the cursor behind or
before on of its parts TM should highlight the opposing part in a
different color. (color should be adjustable)

This would solve the problem I have ATM, because I don't like it to
move the cursor back and forward always to see the other end.

If it gets implemented this way one also could find the other part if
its far more down than the current page is height because the
highlight would be shown because of the cursors position and not its
movement.

I know that this probably could make some work but I really would like
to see it this way because I nearly never use the current
implementation and think highlighting would be a nice thing.

--
Torsten Becker