[TxMt] Newbie folding property list q's

Sune Foldager cryo at cyanite.org
Fri Feb 11 23:30:27 UTC 2005

On 12. feb 2005, at 0:24, Experiments wrote:

> As far as I can tell, Text Mate won't "remember" code blocks that
> you've marked for folding unless you change something in the plist
> files with the respective syntax bundles.  Yes?  (I was surprised that
> I could fold up lots of code, save the file, and then lose all of my
> foldings when I reoped the file.  At first I thought this was because
> I hadn't put the file into a project and saved the whole project.)

In general, state is not remembered in TM. This has also been discussed
with respect to bookmarks (which aren't saved either). When the project
system is slightly revised, I think this will be taken into account,
but I am not sure decisions are made on it so far.

> Anyway, I basically have no idea what I'm doing.  Is there some easy
> way of specifying the the opening and closing expressions for folding?
>  Does this require that you have a good understanding of regular
> expressions?

Yes, those are specified for each language, but indentation level also
plays in. I'll have to pass on answering this one more detailed, as I
haven't messed with it too much myself :-/.

--
Sune.
:: the Cottage of Lost Play.