[TxMt] Bundle Documentation

Mats Persson mats at imediatec.co.uk
Wed Feb 9 21:28:29 UTC 2005

On 9 Feb 2005, at 19:39, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> I've been wanting to add the ability to view/edit each bundles README
> in the bundle editor. That probably will help a bit.

Allan, just a few thoughts on this.
IF this ReadMe file could be viewed in different formats depending on
the file name extension. Eg. ReadMe.txt it's treated as plain text, but
ReadMe.html is treated as HTML. Perhaps it would just be easier to
treat it as HTML all the time. I'm not sure which is easier for
you/everyone ?

Why?  Well, if it's HTML then we could have internal links to read more
Snippets, Commands, Templates, etc. files or even to a website URL that
could have more detailed descriptions of what's in the various bundles,
rather than - perhaps - one single long ReadMe document that contains
it all. This might not be absolutely crucial in every case, but it
might just give greater flexibility to everyone for the future. Who
knows what type of great bundles that will arrive up ahead ?

> Also, I am seriously considering the thing people have requested about
> having bundles as separate downloads. That'd give them a version
> number, release notes etc.

Yes, I think that could be an improvement as well, especially for
shared bundles that might be worked in the community. Perhaps something
along the lines of Firefox's Extensions system type functionality thing
??

Kind regards,

Mats

----
"TextMate, coding with an incredible sense of joy and ease"
- www.macromates.com -