[TxMt] "Find in Project..." problem with special characters & regular expressions

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Feb 9 19:19:04 UTC 2005

On Feb 8, 2005, at 22:38, Bryce Thornton wrote:

> I have a project with ~100 files in it.  About 75 of those contain the
> variable $ROOT_DIR.  When I do a "Find in Project..." and search for
> $ROOT_DIR I get three results back.  I really can't figure out what is
> special about the three that are returned.  Is the "$" causing a
> problem?

I don't have any idea to what have gone wrong here. It could be that
the files that contain $ROOT_DIR are not considered text files by
TextMate, and so, the Find in Project skips these!?!

> [...] My system became unresponsive.  TextMate eventually bombed.
> I opened TextMate again and repeated the search.  Same results.
> Should there be error checking on the regular expression before it is
> executed to prevent things like this?

Yes, there should, and it's unfortunate that I haven't gotten around to
adding this yet, my apologies for the troubles it is causing! :/