[TxMt] Re: Export selected text to HTML?

Chris Ruzin cruzin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 23:52:26 UTC 2005

Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2005, at 20:46, Xavier Noria wrote:
>
>> Just for the record, there are some utilities out there that can help:
>>     GNU Source-highlight
>>     http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/
>
> Since the OP wanted line numbers, I also did a small awk script to
> insert these, only tested with C++ output though:
> expand -3 | source-highlight -scpp -fhtml \
> | awk '
>
>   /^<pre><tt>/     {
>      print $0; next;
>   }
>
>   /^<\/tt><\/pre>/ {
>      print $0; next;
>   }
>
>   { printf("%3d: %s\n", ++line + 1, $0); }
> '

I also just noticed that the piping through awk isn't necessary with
source-highlight.  Just add "-n" to the command and it will automatically
output it with line numbers.  Even better, if you add "--line-number-ref",
it will number all output lines and generate an anchor that can be referred
to from another document!  That could come in VERY handy.

Chris