[TxMt] Export selected text to HTML?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Sat Feb 5 19:05:26 UTC 2005

On Feb 5, 2005, at 0:43, Chris Ruzin wrote:

> [...] Vim will then split the window with the original in the upper
> half and the colorized HTML version in the bottom half.  He then
> copies what he needs out of that and pastes it into his blog entry.
> He says it will work with any language Vim understands.
>
> What I'm wanting to know is if there's a way to do something like this
> in TextMate?  Perhaps a command?

If you have a command/script that can convert Ruby code to HTML, then
it's not a problem to have this run on your selected text and show the
result as text, html, or copy to the clipboard.

But I am assuming that the person is actually using a VIM feature that
does the actual conversion (using VIM's own syntax files) -- currently
this is not possible with TextMate (I'll add it as a feature request
though).