[TxMt] Export selected text to HTML?

Chris Ruzin cruzin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 23:43:07 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I started using TextMate 1.1b4 and really like it so far.  I'm just
beginning to learn about Ruby and TextMate is much better than BBEdit
with it.

I was looking around the Web for some example code, and saw on
someone's blog that they had colorized Ruby code examples with line
numbers.  I emailed them to ask them how they did it, and they told me
they used Vim.  They said in Vim, you open the file you want colorized
and type ":runtime! syntax/2html.vim".  Vim will then split the window
with the original in the upper half and the colorized HTML version in
the bottom half.  He then copies what he needs out of that and pastes
it into his blog entry.  He says it will work with any language Vim
understands.

What I'm wanting to know is if there's a way to do something like this
in TextMate?  Perhaps a command?  I'm not familiar with the inner
workings or power toys in TextMate, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris